There are a total of seven chakras, and they each have their unique characteristics. The chakras represent the body’s seven main energy centers. For this reason, it is common to hear people speak about a need to unblock their chakras. The belief is that when one opens up their chakras, it allows them to experience the energy that runs through their body freely. Opening up the chakras can also help bring a state of harmony between the spirit, the body, and the mind. The word chakra comes from the Sanskrit word for wheel, and many people envision them as wheels of flowing energy that brings about positivity.
1.) Root Chakra
The Root Chakra is also known as the Muladhara. It is positioned at your spine’s base. This chakra is associated with the element of earth and is supported by the Warrior I yoga pose.
Root Chakra Characteristics:
- This chakra helps with the feet, bones, legs, adrenal glands, and the large intestine.
- Associated with the color red.
- The chakra controls issues such as money and other financial issues.
- An open Root Chakra helps the individual to feel confident in their ability to take on challenges.
2.) Sacral Chakra
The Sacral Chakra is also known as the Swadhisthana. It is located about two inches below your navel on the lower part of your abdomen. The Sacral Chakra is associated with the element of water and is supported by the Bound Angle yoga pose.
Sacral Chakra Characteristics:
- The Sacral Chakra is connected to us in how we relate to our various emotions.
- It is also connected to how we relate to the emotions of other people.
- This is also the chakra that governs sexual energy and creative matters.
- When the chakra is blocked, people often feel a lack of control.
- Associated with the color orange.
- Connected to bodily functions with the bladder, kidneys, reproductive system, and circulatory system.
3.) Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus Chakra is also known by the name Manipura. Its location is the upper abdomen in the area of the stomach. This chakra is known to be connected to a person’s ability to control their life and act confidently. Its associated yoga pose is the Boat Pose, and it is related to the element of fire.
Solar Plexus Chakra Characteristics:
- Controls feelings of self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Associated with the color yellow.
- Tied to body functions such as the muscles, adrenals, digestive system, and the pancreas.
- Those who are deficient in their Solar Plexus Chakra’s openness will often feel insecure and be indecisive.
4.) Heart Chakra
The name also known as the Heart Chakra of Anahata. It is found just above the heart and in the chest’s center. The Camel Pose is the yoga pose associated with the Heart Chakra, and its associated element is that of air.
Heart Chakra Characteristics:
- Associated with the color green.
- The Heart Chakra is connected to body functions such as the thymus gland, the lungs, the heart, and the arms.
- It is the chakra that controls inner peace and feelings such as joy and love.
5.) Throat Chakra
The Throat Chakra also goes by the name Vishuddha. This chakra is associated with the element of ether, and the recommended yoga pose is the Fish Pose. As the name suggests, the Throat Chakra is located in the throat.
Throat Chakra Characteristics:
- Associated body functions include the arms, thyroid, hands, neck, and the parathyroid glands.
- The chakra is associated with the color Turquoise.
- This is the chakra that controls one’s ability to express themselves and to communicate.
6.) Third-Eye Chakra
The Third-Eye Chakra is located between your eyes. It is also known as the Ajna. The element of light is associated with the Third-Eye Chakra, and the Child’s Pose is the recommended yoga pose.
Third-Eye Chakra Characteristics:
- The Third-Eye Chakra controls things such as wisdom, imagination, and intuition.
- When the chakra is open, your intuitive skills open up as well.
- The chakra is associated with the color dark purple.
7.) Crown Chakra
The Sahasrara, or Crown Chakra is located at the top of your head. It controls your connection to spirituality and beauty. The recommended yoga pose is the Headstand, and its element is consciousness.
Crown Chakra Characteristics:
- The chakra is associated with the color violet/white.
- It is associated with body functions tied to the cerebral cortex, the pituitary, and the central nervous system.
- The chakra represents a connection to the ultimate truth and a sense of awareness.
Printable Chakra Planner & Daily Journal
The Chakra Planner & Daily Journal provides ample space to plan out any month of the year. Undated planner features Chakra symbol design and two-page daily spreads. Plan out and record goals, daily schedule AM and PM, meals, water intake, gratitude, To-Do list, Chakra care, notes and affirmations. Daily Journal for you to write your thoughts, brainstorm etc. Colorful pages coordinate with all 7 chakras.